Friday, 21 November 2008

Leaves in the Autumn come tumbling down, Scarlet and yellow, russet and brown...

When I was walking around the park, I happened to be the only person there. It was deserted, the only noise was the wind whisking up all the leaves so they raced each other down the path...


I thought the typography included (Deserted Places, But Memories Are Forever Carried In The Wind) was fitting to the picture and the setting that I was within.

As I walked down the path, I reminisced the times as girl where we would visit the park, play tennis on the now non existent courts, and where my brother would play Sunday Football... Its funny how things change without you barely noticing...


There is something about Autumn
Which brings out such earthiness
Gold leaves adorn bushes and trees
Like an artist with a brilliant brush

I think this one of the nicest autumnal pictures in which I have seen, When I came across the the scene in the gardens of my Mum's work (Playgroup), I just had to take a picture. The colour were so vibrant due the leaves being dry, when the wind picked up they dropped so delicately back down.

I was researching the season Autumn on the Internet and a range of articles appeared, one of which included a quote "A Fallen Leaf Is Nothing More Than Summers Goodbye" I don't think the caption juxtaposes or contrast juxtaposes in anyway, it's like a perfect match!

Whilst completing this brief, I have found that looking at Robert Frost's poetry has really helped me interact with the the nature side which is the bulk of the blog content... This was taken from the preliminary part of Robert Frost's - Gathering Leaves...
Spades take up leaves
No better than spoons,
And bags full of leaves
Are light as balloons.

No comments: