Friday, 21 November 2008

Is This What Nature Intended...

Over the past week I have taken a selection on still Photo's depicting how the setting I had chosen had changed (if it had) and what sort of people it attracted. The setting in which I had decided to explore was the area in which I grew up in, Carshalton/ Wallington. Admittedly the area didn't have much to offer, but from the word GO I knew the places in which I wanted to photograph, maybe due to the memories which were still in tact or the fact that they were becoming slowly unrecognisable due to 10 or more years of possible development.


Over about two days, I walked round stretches of park, concentrating on scenic shots and signage, I then moved on to overlooking a train track. This was an interesting part of the research due to the fact that the view of track was obscured by railings and mesh, but I think that the overall effect of the perspective worked well. I also visited a Memory Tribute Garden which as a little girl I was fascinated with. I loved the peace that ran through the gardens and the water feature central in the grounds. I was uncomfortable to see that there were cranes in the background obviously raring to rip down parts of the town which many people had grown fond of. Other than than, it hadn't changed an inch, fish swam without a care in the world, whilst new mums, pushed their little'un's round the fountain. Some really interesting stills were taken here...


Some of the areas were exactly as I had pictured them, but others were such a contrast in relation to what I had experienced as a little girl, it made me realise that nothing stays the same forever, but also for us to cherish those moments in case regret wanting to grow up too quickly...


This was one of the first still shots I took but I think it is one of my favourites, due to the simplicity of the shot, I didn't want to edit the photo too much so just rearranged with the exposure and contrast.

No comments: